Perhaps the most significant transaction in the life of a business is a merger, the acquisition of another business, or the sale of the business.
There are a lot of moving parts in these types of transactions. We have deep experience in structuring, negotiating and implementing merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions.
The value of a business is an essential element of an M&A transaction. That value is often tied to the representations and warranties that the seller makes.
Sellers often want to reduce their exposure by limiting the representations and warranties they are willing to make, but in larger transactions a refusal to stand behind the past history of a business may significantly reduce the value. Insufficient representations and warranties may cause the transaction to be terminated entirely.
Our goal is to balance risk and maximize value for the owner.
We help our clients navigate the challenges and evolving issues at every stage of M&A opportunities. We stand ready to help you:
- Make sound decisions based on the available facts and your goals
- Conduct the pre-due diligence review when selling your business
- Craft the Letter of Intent
- Navigate the due diligence process
- Evaluate the buyer risks if you are acquiring a business.
- Negotiate final agreement